When Palin Drops Out, Nominate Tina Fey!

SNL Palin/Couric 092708

Dream on, I thought, just another illusion of the liberal media elite . Now conservative columnists are log-rolling it, and we know how vicious they can be. Hear National Review‘s Kathleen Parker explain why McCain Has Serious ‘Palin Problem’ on NPR:

In her article, The Palin Problem, columnist Kathleen Parker writes that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is clearly out of her league. Parker says Palin should bow out of the race to save the GOP’s chances in 2008.

“McCain can’t repudiate his choice for running mate.” Parker writes. ” … Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves.”

This entry was posted in politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to When Palin Drops Out, Nominate Tina Fey!

1. tomrobertstennessee says:

Eight years ago. we witnessed the surreal and tragic anarchy of a frozen election determined by hanging chads, Kathleen Harris, Republican Thugs descending on and intimidating the vote counters in Florida, and finally, a president who had lost the popular vote yet was installed by votes cast by the supreme court. THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU John McCain for generously providing the United States with comedy in this surreal election. I LOVE YOU SARAH PALIN. Hang in there, be a pit bull, a hockey mom, whatever…just hang in there through election day.

2. Mark Willis says:

I lik e the comic relief, but I’m beginning to feel to embarrassed to fully appreciate the schadenfreude. This happened to me as a kid watching “I Love Lucy.” I felt embarrassed for Lucille Ball and couldn’t bear to watch the predicaments she got into.

3. tomrobertstennessee says:

I have to confess that as a kid my taste in t.v. leaned more toward “The Three Stooges.”

4. Mark Willis says:

I didn’t feel embarrassed for Larry, Curly & Mo. I guess it’s about the sit-com format. I project myself too easily into the situation.

5. tomrobertstennessee says:

Maybe Thursday night’s debate will elicit pure and shameless shadenfreude if you’re not overcome by glaukenstucken.*

*In an episode of Two and a Half Men, the character Rose explains the German origin and meaning of schadenfreude to Charlie Harper. Later she confesses to feeling glaukenstucken, which she describes as guilt over having felt schadenfreude; when Charlie expresses surprise that the Germans have a word for that as well, she admits that they don’t, but she’s hoping that glaukenstucken catches on.
    –from Wikipedia

6. Mark Willis says:

I’ll share the love for glaukenstucken! I often feel like that.

Comments are closed.